Monday, November 24, 2008

Springfield trip.

We're back! We returned from Springfield, Illinois, on Saturday night. It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun ... good staff bonding time. Sites we visited included:

1. Lincoln Tomb
2. Old Illinois State Capitol
3. Lincoln Home Historic Site
4. Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum
5. New Salem Historical Site

So of course I took a lot of pictures and I'll post a few below for your viewing pleasure.

The picture below was taken at the Old State Capitol. At first when I took the picture I didn't notice the Lincoln that "appeared" in the mirror on the wall. You can clearly see an image of Abraham Lincoln in the mirror. For a moment I got really excited thinking "It's the spirit of Lincoln!!" Then I realized it was really a statue on the other side of the room that was reflecting into the mirror. It looks good though!


This was taken at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum. We couldn't pass up a chance to pose with young Abe! Left to right we have Steve, our executive producer, myself, young Abraham and Eric, our managing director.


And lastly, this was taken at the Lincoln Tomb.


It was a great trip. I fully plan to return with my family because now that they've heard me talk about it for two days, they want to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello -

Thank you for submitting a comment to our A. Lincoln Blog. It will be reviewed immediately.

Laura Barker
Lincoln Amphitheatre