Friday, November 7, 2008

Phone fun

Earlier this week we had a new phone system installed. What fun! It's great to have the phone on my desk now, although I may miss the exercise of getting up and running around our office with the cordless phone. The cordless is still connected so I suppose if we get the urge to roam we can.

The fun aspect of a new phone system is figuring out how to use it. The technician, who was very helpful, took the time to train us before he left. That training lasted for all of five minutes and then I promptly forgot how to transfer calls and put people on hold. Melissa, from our visitors bureau, called and Eric and I couldn't quite remember how to put her on hold. Was it the red button ... ? So he told her that if we hung up on her we'd call back. Then (with fingers crossed) we pressed the button we thought it was. Hey, it's the only way to learn right? Thankfully we got it right; it was the red button. So far I have been able to transfer calls and check my voicemail without any major mishaps. I consider that a small victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello -

Thank you for submitting a comment to our A. Lincoln Blog. It will be reviewed immediately.

Laura Barker
Lincoln Amphitheatre