Thursday, November 13, 2008

Paddle Wheeler

Recently Spencer County, Indiana, re-created a flatboat journey from Rockport, Indiana, to New Orleans, Louisiana. The trip was a re-enactment of a similar trip that Abraham Lincoln took in 1828 while transporting produce for a local merchant.

A few days ago as I was walking around the stage I noticed that our stage was sporting some lovely boats all in a row. Paddle boats from Lake Lincoln. It started me thinking ... flatboat versus paddle boat. Hmmm...




They sure are shiny. I think the purple is my favorite.

Think Abe would have enjoyed traveling down the mighty Ohio and Mississippi Rivers on a purple paddle wheeler? Not likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello -

Thank you for submitting a comment to our A. Lincoln Blog. It will be reviewed immediately.

Laura Barker
Lincoln Amphitheatre